Thursday 16 August 2007

Getting ready

Current state of play with signing on tomorrow (Fri 17th), I'm worryingly ready.

Here's the 600. It's my Suzuki GSXR 600 K2, ex- Slick! Performance. I managed just 6 seconds short of 110 mph (average for one lap) on this last year, so you can guess my plan this year! The bodywork's off for cleaning, apart from that it's good to go.



This is the Cringle Suzuki GSXR 750 K4 that I'll ride in the Senior on Friday 31st. I'd love to say that the team picked me out to ride it 'cos I'm such a talented race god, but in fact I think it has more to do with Kev C dropping my 1000 at Jurby last weekend!

My mate Slick has given it a good service and it's looking REALLY strong on the dyno. The bike has all the toys and I gave it a blast on the dyno myself to get used to the quick shifter (a gadget that cuts the ignition momentarily when you use the gear pedal, so it's gear changes by magic... you just hold the throttle wide open and bang it up through the gears. Wheee!).




Here's a gratuitous tool pron pic of my set of Snap-On spanners, given to me by my mate Eric after he visited the MGP last year. They get carefully polished and put away after every use! Lovely tools, one day I'll win the lottery and have a full kit!

Posted by Picasa

No comments: